I was looking for a healthy way to make chocolate-covered almonds and this is what I came up with. It’s simple to make and healthy to eat. A little sweet and a little salty. Just the right combination. Most importantly they’re delicious!
- 2 cups oven-roasted almonds, lightly salted
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoon cocoa powder
- Spray cookie sheet with cooking spray.
- Put almonds in a bowl.
- Heat honey for 10 seconds in the microwave.
- Pour honey over almonds and stir until almonds are coated.
- Spread almonds evenly onto a cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 ºF for 15 minutes.
- Cool slightly.
- Pour almonds into a bowl and toss with cocoa to coat.
- Let cool and enjoy.
- I used high quality cocoa, like Ghirardelli.
- Nutrition per serving: 177 calories, 14 g fat, 1 g saturated fat, 11 g carbohydrates, 4 g dietary fiber, 135 mg sodium.
Taste of Zest http://www.tasteofzest.com/toz/