Mary Anne and I spent a Friday afternoon cooking together. The menu included Beet and Goat Cheese Salad, Seafood alla Puttanesca, and Crepes with Poached Pears. Mary Anne choose a delicious white wine to serve with it. It was fun to try several new recipes. Dave and Brian came after work and we enjoyed a wonderful meal, lively conversation and playing the game Forbidden Desert.
Here are the recipes we tried and would recommend: Seafood alla Puttanesca and Crepes with Poached Pears. We used the crepe recipe we served at Laura’s high school graduation party which is included here.
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup skim milk
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoons canola oil for basting the pan
- Place all ingredients except oil into blender and blend until well mixed.
- Let rest at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Using pastry brush, coat crepe pan or maker with oil.
- Heat pan and add crepe batter swirling the pan so batter spreads out quite thin.
- Cook until slightly brown and almost cooked through.
- Flip and cook other side.
- Serve the crepe hot or transfer it to a cooling rack.
- Serve with maple syrup, fruit, whipped cream or other favorite toppings.
- Freeze leftovers between sheets of waxed paper in an airtight container.
- Freeze well for about a month.
- Nutrition Per Serving: 84 calories, 3 g fat, 1 g saturated fat, 10 g carbohydrate, 4 g dietary fiber, 60 mg sodium.